Peace Love and Light,
With so much going on in the world it's so important to let go of negative energies and attachments from the past and make space for new intentions. Emotions, feelings and thoughts can bring a heaviness or blockages that are not beneficial for our well being.
A fire ceremony is a powerful Shamanic practice used to release unwanted energies and attachments from the past and make space for new intentions. A fire ceremony can be used to release unhappy memories, fears, negative emotions, and anything that you are holding onto that doesn’t serve your Higher Self. By releasing these unwanted energies and old patterns into the fire, you are healing at the soul level.
I like to do a fire ceremony during the change of seasons (solstice, equinox), at the Full Moon, New Moon, and I even bring in the New Year with a fire ceremony. A fire ceremony can be performed any time you are feeling stuck, creating something new, or need to shift the energy.
Fire Ceremony Preparation
1) Connect with your heart and ask, “What do I need to release, what doesn’t serve me anymore.”
2) You can then gather pictures, do drawings, artwork, and write intentions that you want to release. Some people prefer to draw or make art for what they are releasing, I like to do a combination of both.
3) Prepare a fire using a fire pit, fireproof lantern, metal bowl, candle, bbq, etc. The fire doesn’t have to be huge, just make sure that the area is safe for a fire.
4) A jug of water to put the fire out.
1) Call in divine support: Spirit, Higher Self, God, the Universe, spirit helpers, your guardians and ancestors.
2) Ask the spirit of the fire to help you release what you want to let go of and ask the spirits of the earth to receive what you are releasing.
3) Place each item in the fire while you name what you are releasing (you can say it out loud or in your head). BLOW into the fire, with the intention that the unwanted energy you are releasing is going out with your breath.
4) If anything else comes up during the ceremony, name it and release it.
5) Thank the fire and put it out. Give gratitude to the divine and the spirits of the elements: earth, wind, fire, and air.
Don’t worry about doing it perfect, it is the intention that matters. Let your intuition guide you and have a flaming good time (sorry, I couldn’t resist) ~SS